#Justthetip Fitness Tips Top 10 Reads for 4/9
April 9, 2017
April 9, 2017
I’ve had a busy, but wonderful, week with family visiting but wanted to make sure there was some great reading for everyone. This week’s topics include everything from bodyweight workouts and low carb diets, to deeper conversations about children’s health and depression. So before you settle in for Masters Sunday (if that’s your thing) or just a Sunday with the family, dig into some good knowledge.
- Can you help yourself out of a dark depression with your food choices? Precision Nutrition discusses this question.
- Many women still have apprehension and fears about strength training, Meg Julian via Tony Gentilcore talks about overcoming some of these hurdles.
- I’ll be honest, I cringe when people tell me they want to tone an area or body part, so I was thrilled when I read this article from Dr John Rusin about what toned really means and how to get the effect you are looking for.
- Short on equipment? Tanner Baze has you covered with a solid bodyweight workout.
- Had to double up on Dr John Rusin this week, as the good doctor shares why low carb diets aren’t sustainable over the long term.
- Ben Johnson wants you to listen to your body. And be like R.Kelly ….but not like that.
- Dani Shugart doesn’t want you to listen to her, myself or any coach. Listen to yourself and your own body. Be your own boss.
- From the CBC News, those Canadians have an idea I’d love to see implemented in U.S. School systems.
- Travel a bunch? Worried about maintaining fat loss? Bryan Krahn has you covered on the road.
- Chris Tutela shares a concept I wish many more high school coaches would adopt. Let’s build our athletes with the basics before going into “sports-specific” movements.